The Wednesday Word is from Kevin Spirtas

Dear All

As many of you know I am on the producing team of the new Broadway musical: Priscilla – Queen of the Desert. [in February] The show released a PSA for the “It Gets Better” campaign. The campaign focuses on cheering up gay, lesbian, and transgender teenagers who have been victims of bullying. We are the first show in the Broadway community to take a stand with this message and support the cause.

I have received dozens of calls, texts and emails about it and I am suffused with emotion and tears when people tell me how proud they are for me and the show’s involvement. One friend of mine said: “This is the reason we are in the arts!” I agree. I also feel that the action the show has taken with this campaign simply mirrors the very heart and spirit of the story that I so fell in love with when I read the script for the first time.

I have attached the links below to the NY Times article and the actual PSA. I highly encourage you to click on them both and see why: ‘It Gets Better’.

‘It Gets Better,’ the Public Service Announcement (NY Times - Article)
By Patrick Healy

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/02/21/it-gets-better-the-public-service-announcement/

‘It Gets Better,’ (PSA)


So... take the pledge and spread the word!

For more information, fun facts and Priscilla-The Musical ticket info... go to our show’s website at:
http://www.priscillaonbroadway.com/index.html


Best,
Kevin




www.kevinspirtas.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

POZ - POZ Army

Sunday Songs: Abbey Lincoln