Friday Feature: Nicholas Rodriguez and Love Out Loud

Whoever paraphrased Will Rogers and said, “I never met a Texan I didn’t like” must have known Nicholas Rodriguez. We Love Soaps and POZ are very proud to announce that actor and singer Nicholas Rodriguez will be joining Love Out Loud again on May 11 at Prohibition. Part of One Life to Live's landmark gay story line, Rodriguez was known to Broadway musical lovers from his roles in Tarzan, and Almost Heaven.

When the talented, handsome Texan came to television land he played Nick Chavez on One Life to Live, Mr. Rodriguez had this to say: "I'm just so grateful to be working with people like Brett and Scott, and Tuc Watkins has been a really big help. Everybody's just so cool. They're such pros…If we can put that in American homes, people who may not know another gay person, people that live outside of New York and California, if they can like us as real people, then we're really making a difference... It's real, deep love and issues that we're dealing with…Being an artist, I have people I look up to who have been out and proud in the community, and it's not like I've ever not been out, but I've never really mixed it with my work. So here I am finding myself playing a gay activist, and in real life, I could do so much more in my personal life… It's just making me realize I can do so much more good with it." Here’s the rest of the interview at AfterElton's Gays of Our Lives. Rodriguez just completed a run as Curly in Oklahoma! down in Washington, DC. Last November he was interviewed again by AfterElton, check it out.






Come on out to meet and greet the really, really nice and multi-talented Nicholas Rodriguez.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

POZ - POZ Army

Sunday Songs: Abbey Lincoln