Wednesday Word: One Life to Live's Dastardly Men




And the word comes from Bill Shakespeare's Sonnet 29

When in disgrace with fortune and men's eyes,
I all alone beweep my outcast state,
And trouble deaf Heaven with my bootless cries,
And look upon myself, and curse my fate,
Wishing me like to one more rich in hope,
Featur'd like him, like him with friends possess'd,
Desiring this man's art, and that man's scope,
With what I most enjoy contented least:
Yet in these thoughts myself almost despising,
Haply I think on thee,--and then my state
(Like to the lark at break of day arising
From sullen earth) sings hymns at heaven's gate;
For thy sweet love remember'd such wealth brings
That then I scorn to change my state with kings'.


We are fond here of returning to the land of OZ from time to time. We are nothing else if not obsessive. After all Tom Fontana's prison had an awful lot to show and tell. Now that [Matt Walton] Elijah Clark's crimes have been revealed on One Life to Live, if the instant karma of a violent death doesn't get him he will more than likely end up in Statesville Prison where he will no doubt run into Daniel Colson, Mark Dobies' criminally inclined gay character from 2005. Donovan Patton's gay bashing thug will probably be there as well. The mind goes to so many different places thinking about what a prison spin off of One Life to Live could be! Bring it on ABC!



Comments

Anonymous said…
I would love a OLTL prison spinoff. A lot of bad characters played by great actors on the show!

Popular posts from this blog

POZ - POZ Army

Sunday Songs: Abbey Lincoln