Sunday Songs: Hal Knows Where Love Lives


From mkoc.com:

....."We're here to save our own world and to enlighten our fellow human beings on the possibility of a peaceful existence." Hal is a man who not only speaks philosophically, he lives by his words. Hal has an inner peace that many strive for and never find. If you want to experience his sense of well being...see him in concert. He has the unique ability to share his inner tranquility whether he's rockin' or croonin'.

Ketchum's homepage



FIVE O'CLOCK WORLD

E - E11 - E - E11

E E11 E E11
Up every morning just to keep a job
E E11 E E11
Gotta fight my way through the husslin' mob
E E11 E E11
Sounds of the city poundin' in my brain
E
While another day goes down the drain
A D A D
But it's a five o'clock world when the whistle blows
A D A D
No one owns a piece of my time
A D A D
And there's a five o'clock me inside my clothes
A B E - E11 - E - E11
Thinkin'that the world looks fine, yeah (yodel)

E E11 E E11
Tradin' my time for the pay I get
E E11 E E11
Livin' on the money that I ain't made yet
E E11 E E11
Gotta keep going, gotta make my way
E E11 E
But I live for the end of the day

A D A D
Cause it's a five o'clock world when the whistle blows
A D A D
No one owns a piece of my time
A D A D
And there's a long haired girl who waits, I know
A B E - E11 - E - E11
To ease my troubled mind, yeah (yodel)

E E11 E E11
In the shelter of her arms everythings okay
E E11 E E11
She talks and the world goes slippin' away
E E11 E E11
I know the reason I can still go on
E E11 E
When every other reason is gone


A D A D
Cause in my five o'clock world she waits for me
A D A D
Nothing else matters at all
A D A D
Cause everytime my baby smiles at me
A B E - E11 - E - E11
I know that its all worthwhile, yeah (yodel)




Certainly one of the brighter talents of Country Music's resurgence of the early nineties with the album Past the Point of Rescue. Here are three songs from that album celebrating working class values in a year when they may truly count for something. Ketchum's version of "Five O'Clock World" almost becomes the definitive one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

POZ - POZ Army

Sunday Songs: Abbey Lincoln