The Continuing Story of Thom Bierdz on Gay Thursday


These are Thom Bierdz' thoughts on his own coming out:

I’m no hero here because I did not come out when my career was going strong and I could have made an impact. I came out when my career was at its lowest and I did it for sanity -- my sanity … in order to make my world mesh with the 'real' world, I had to find equilibrium. I had to find my truth and stand for all that I am. And a big part of me is being gay. I’ve always been more comfortable in the gay world … I liked it a lot more than being on a soap opera.

To meet Thom Bierdz last October in West Hollywood during POZ magazine's fund-raiser for AIDS Walk Los Angeles was to meet a warm and gentle soul. The former star of The Young & The Restless sent out an email yesterday in an attempt to help a young friend of his--giving credence to Thom's gentle nature. He provided a helping hand to a friend in need to help said friend find a home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

POZ - POZ Army

Sunday Songs: Abbey Lincoln