Song of the Week: Whiskey, Whiskey


Whiskey Whiskey

(Tom Ghent) « © '70 Combine Music, BMI »

He's a little bit of the sunshine just before it rains
A little like this quiet night before the cold winds came
He's a little bit like the weather I never know when he's gonna change
He's a part of my heart and a whole lot of my pain
So whiskey whiskey my old friend I've come to talk with you again
Milk of mercy please be kind drive this feeling from my mind

Don't you know somehow his smile can make the day begin
He'd take away this mask of grey and let the sun shine in
Now I find that I've been blinded by the cold and winter wind
He disguised behind his eyes oh what a fool I've been
So whiskey whiskey...
Whiskey whiskey...
**********

Rita Coolidge harmonizes on this great piece of music with her then husband, Kris Kristofferson.

And, of course, it's a great excuse to post a picture of Timothy Adams in western motif and otherwise.



Visit his fan site.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

POZ - POZ Army

Sunday Songs: Abbey Lincoln