Saturday Beefcake: Making Something Delicious with Osiris Cruz



This is one of my all time favorites. It's perfect to cook if for that special someone, especially if you're cooking in your underwear. Trust me, they'll come back for more.




Zucchini Pesto Lasagna

Lasagne, 250 grams/one half pound, cooked al dente
Pesto, one cup
Ricotta, fresh, 500 grams, one pound
Yogurt, non fat, plain, one half cup
Zucchini, six medium or eight small
Tomatoes, San Marzano, 28 ounces, crushed
3 cloves Garlic, three cloves, peeled and chopped
Olive Oil, two tablespoons
Salt, Pepper
Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
Eggs, two
Basil leaves, eight to ten, in julienne strips
Pre-heated oven, 400F




1. Sauté garlic in olive oil in lidded sauce pan until garlic is pale gold. Add tomatoes and salt and pepper to taste and simmer partially covered for 25 minutes.
2. Blanch zucchini in abundant salted boiling water for 6 to 8 minutes (according to size of zucchini). Rinse under cold water. Slice lengthwise in 1/4 in. strips.
3. Combine pesto, ricotta, eggs, and yogurt and blend until smooth.
4. Take a glass baking dish (9x13) and spread a small amount of the tomato sauce over the bottom. Place a layer of lasagne next, then spread one half of the pesto-ricotta mixture over the noodles. Next, make a layer of zucchini strips. Spread tomato sauce over the zucchini, then add another layer of lasagne. Spread the remaining pesto-ricotta mixture over the pasta, then make another layer of zucchini strips. Spread tomato sauce over the zucchini, then add another layer of lasagna noodles. Top with tomato sauce. Top with grated cheese.




5. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes.
6. Remove foil and return to oven until golden brown about 5-10 minutes.
7. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Serve with remaining tomato sauce.
8. Garnish with additional grated cheese and julienned basil leaves.

Osiris told us this: The name Osiris comes from ancient Egypt. He was the god of life and resurection. I live in Los Angeles, California. I have a Master's Degree and soon I'll start my PhD. I have been shooting for a long time and have collaborated with many Los Angeles based photographers. I have done work for swimwear brands, such as boyRio, and CA-RIO-CA. This photo shoot was very special because for the first time I opened the doors of my house and allowed the photographer to shoot me in different parts of my residence. I enjoy nature, animals and the beach. One of my passions is cooking. I just started dating and it feels great to be in love again.




Osiris sent us these photos after seeing the ones we posted in December 2010! Go here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Datalounge

Rescue Me: Somehow Probie and Chris ...

Happy Birthday, Guy Madison!