Tuesday Talent: Sort of ...


Next Week I will be participating in the United States Conference on AIDS in Orlando, FL. My participation there focuses on reaching out to HIV/AIDS activists and finding out what is going on throughout the network in gathering data, education and treatment. It has been a gratifying and illuminating experience in the past and I expect nothing less this time around.

I am here because I dodged a bullet that a majority of my gay male contemporaries, some of whom I loved much. It is why I walk and why I continue to promote events and fundraisers. Why I continue to pester. It is my part in the ongoing drama of a devastation that should have never happened.


A colleague from POZ pointed out this short story from the Sunday Styles section of the New York Times where there are often soap opera-unrequited love type stories. He was “struck by this particular article, for reasons that are abundantly clear. Quite moving without being schmaltzy.” http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/29/fashion/29Love.html?pagewanted=1&emc=eta1

It gives a human perspective on what can be so easily and summarily dismissed.

Love Out Loud West takes place on October 14, 2010 at East/West Lounge in West Hollywood. It is a launch party and my team’s fundraiser for AIDS Walk Los Angeles. There will be celebrities in attendance to meet and greet fans. $25.00 is the suggested donation. If you care to pay in advance, you can do so via PayPal. (giovitaco-at-aim.com)


If you simply want to make a direct donation to the team’s efforts here’s how.

Visit my personal web page and help me in my efforts to support AIDS Walk Los Angeles

Copy and paste the following into your browser:
http://aidswalklosangeles2010.kintera.org/faf/r.asp?t=4&i=427581&u=427581-258943720&e=3672411133



Did you know...
- Every 9 ½ minutes, someone in the U.S. is infected with HIV?
- Half of those infected with HIV are under the age of 24?
- 25% of those infected with HIV do not know it?

Even though there has been a lot of publicity about drug treatments which are prolonging some people's lives, they don't work for everyone and there is still no cure in sight. Moreover, young people are still getting infected at alarmingly high rates.


Giovanni Vitacolonna
212.938.2045


This means a lot to me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

POZ - POZ Army

Sunday Songs: Abbey Lincoln