Tuesday Talent Redux: Mark Lawson


From Soaps.com

For those who didn't know, prior to his role on One Life to Live, Mark's acting career started off with appearances on Cold Case in 2005 then his film debut in Breakdown, as Damon Hart in 2006, so he's been fortunate to dabble in a little bit of everything… film, Primetime and Daytime. "I just love to work. I look at all opportunities as a chance to try to do good work and to walk in someone else's shoes. That being said, I have never really done a proper feature (Breakdown was a short film I did for a friend and I was only in for two seconds) so I don't have much experience there. I have to say though, starting with Cold Case, I have always loved television, as a different actor's medium because of the longevity it potentially offers the actor and the character. You can go so far and start to almost live a double life as your character. I love getting that deep. I'll get back to you after a film or two and see if things have changed!"





Mark Lawson has been featured here on Tuesday Talent as a member of ABC Daytime Salutes Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS, which is a very long title, but they've been doing it for five years and the last one was not without its moments. BethAnn Bonner reprised her excellent Bacharach to the Future performance of "Waiting for Charlie to Come Home" followed by what was for many the surprise of the evening, Mark Lawson's rendition of "Anthem" from Chess. Lawson's upper torso on One Life to Live is legendary. It is, therefore, easy to ignore other talents therein. Hence, when his beautiful voice blessed the audience with this beautiful piece, the reaction was palpable. One of his co-stars, Farah Fath had this to say in a recent interview: "He is really intense, and I like to work with actors who take their work seriously. He is a true actor’s actor. He gets in there and finds the rawest place he can go. He does not care if it’s a big scene or small scene. He is committed. Mark was on contract from the beginning, but that does not really mean anything. I think they were really impressed with him, and he works really hard, does his homework, and I respect that." Lawson has fans in other cast members, among them Ilene Kristen who is no slouch in recognizing true talent.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

POZ - POZ Army

Sunday Songs: Abbey Lincoln