Gay Thursdays: Ryan Idol's Hope


After The Ritz, Idol says, he'll return to work on his autobiographical one-man show, My Messy Bedroom: Anatomy of an Idol. From here on in, it's an actor's life for Idol. "I'm going to start focusing on finding a manager and agents, and we'll see what happens," he says. "I finally have gotten to a place where I feel like I have a tight-knit family." (NY Daily News)




“… My Messy Bedroom: Anatomy of an Idol … begins with my childhood story and continues through the rise and fall of Ryan Idol and then the after... I collaborated with a bunch of writers who I paid to collaborate with, and at this point and time am working hands on with Jerry Douglas who's a writer/director in the adult industry. We were going to put this up this fall until The Ritz came along, which I couldn't pass up. (BravoTV.com)




“Over the years I have chosen to not label myself because there are plenty of others who will. I am happy to not label myself. Even though I come from that business, if one were to look at the plots from the films that I did - I only did 6 - it's art depicting life and life depicting art. My first movie was close to where I was in my own life, and that was being curious about the gay world but having come from a catholic background.” (BravoTV.com)




“I'm focusing on my career right now. I'm 41 and I have that deep desire to have genuine affections for people, whether male or female. Love has different degrees, from genuine affection to the unattainable thing we aspire to of absolute love. It doesn't come often but if you don't have other elements in your life in place you can't have love, so that's why I am focusing on my career. Don't go looking for it, I always say, it will find you when you least expect it.” (BravoTV.com)



Labeled or not labeled, Marc Anthony Donais or Ryan Idol, a rose by any other name still has beautiful eyes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

POZ - POZ Army

Sunday Songs: Abbey Lincoln