A Gay Man Who Has Arrived and Speaks His Mind


It's been quite a gay Monday with Wentworth and Luke and Andrew Sullivan making an idiot out of himself once again regarding HIV/AIDS. It is, therefore, imperative to make evident someone like Jon Robin Baits who concluded his essay on Hillary Clinton on The Huffington Post with this:

Anyway, long story short - For the first part of my creative life, twenty years, I was a playwright in New York, and now for a while at least, I make TV in LA. I worry about stuff out here in the moneyed, sun-drenched, smog-burned capitol of infotainment; I worry about glibness and one-issue voters with bucks and platforms, and the disconnect between here and the rest of the country, and I worry about how complicit I am. I was rude. But I was looking for the authentic, the real, and the righteous. And all I saw was the peeved. I gave as much money as I could to the thing. I suppose if this election plays out the way I think it may, she could get my vote. But I don't think she'll ever make my heart sing. Is such a thing even possible now?


He was responding to Hillary's scripted response at a political fundraiser. Go here to read all of it.

Jon Robin Baitz is one of those people that makes the gay planet better in his intellect, creativity and perception. Now that's liberating one's persona.

Sally Field concurs:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

POZ - POZ Army

Sunday Songs: Abbey Lincoln