Song Of the Week: La Springfield

It is Dusty Springfield who is posthumously selling those diamonds in an ad spot. She recorded the song in 1970. What resurfaced in 1994 and what was remixed for public release was the tenth take. Ever the perfectionist, it took her a while before she was happy with the results. In this case it took 24 years.

Speaking of perfection, we raided Exercise For Men Only's March issue. It seems the only reason it's kept in the men's section as opposed to the alternative life style section, is the full page ad on the back page with the girl snapping her bra strap, something that might appeal to the late great Dusty Springfield, but, hazarding an educated guess not the readership of the magazine. Gratitude is in order for the shots here. One does wonder who does get to share the rest of their lives.



What Are You Doing the Rest of Your Life

(Alan Bergman / Marilyn Bergman / Michel Legrand)

What are you doing the rest of your life?
North and south and east and west of your life
I have only one request of your life
That you spend it all with me



All the seasons and the times of your days
All the nickels and the dimes of your days
Let the reasons and rhymes of your days
All begin and end with me

I want to see your face
In every kind of light
In fields of dawn
And forests of the night
And when you stand before the candles on a cake
Oh, let me be the one to hear the silent wish you make



Those tomorrows waiting deep in your eyes
And the world of love you keep in your eyes
I'll awaken what's asleep in your eyes
It may take a kiss or two

Through all of my life
Summer, winter, spring and fall of my life
All I ever will recall of my life
Is all of my life with you, ooh, ooh

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

POZ - POZ Army

Sunday Songs: Abbey Lincoln