Carolyn Hinsey tells us

This Dixie shall not rise again




Dixie eats some poisoned peanut-butter pancakes meant for Babe today on "All My Children," which will lead to the death next week of one of soaps' most enduring heroines.
"Looking slightly like I have heartburn, I choke on a breakfast dish and pass out," says Cady McClain, in character as the doomed Dixie. "It's unclear why no one gives me the Heimlich maneuver."

Because it's too late. Babe and J.R. perform CPR on the unconscious Dixie ("I kissed a girl!" giggles McClain) as Krystal calls 911.

She's rushed to the hospital, where soulmate Tad and son J.R. sit vigil, and Joe and Jeff frantically try to revive her.

"Cue the flashbacks," says McClain.

Despite their best efforts, Dixie doesn't make it. Joe breaks the bad news to her loved ones. Tad takes off, while J.R. breaks down at her bedside. J.R. and Jamie feel a sort of presence in the room, but don't realize it's Dixie's spirit.

"Apparently, there are pushup bras in heaven," cracks the actress about her outfit for "Angel Dixie."

Dixie was presumed dead in 2002, but fans knew the popular character probably wasn't in that submerged car. Not so this time.

"This is the first time she's died for real," says McClain. "I'm just grateful I didn't have my head chopped off, or get burned at the stake. But death by peanut butter was tough in its way. I love peanut butter. Now I'm always going to look at it with suspicion!"

She feels bad for "AMC's" fans, who have been waiting years for Tad and Dixie to reunite and get their daughter back. Her character's death puts a slight crimp in that scenario.

"I want to say to the fans, 'Thank you for being so supportive about this turn of events.' Daytime fans don't get enough credit for their loyalty, effort and active involvement. They're the ones that deserve an Emmy."

McClain has two. What will she do now?

"I'm thinking beach volleyball and real estate," she says.

No, seriously.

"Music, producing, blogging, more acting as it comes, and hopefully travel," ... I have a blog on my Web site (www.cadymcclain.com), where I also post links to my MySpace music site."

McClain just released her first CD Blue Glitter Fish, which is getting some notice as well.

"It's better than a Saturday-afternoon hot dog on the Coney Island Boardwalk," she says.

The good-natured actress admits that getting fired from the show she's called home on and off for 18 years came as a bit of a blow, but she's not dwelling on the negative.

"Life is like a box of chocolates," she says. "You never know which one is a laxative. I've been pretty lucky so far."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

POZ - POZ Army

Sunday Songs: Abbey Lincoln