Tuc Watkins: Reprise


When Tuc Watkins was filming I Think I Do he told the director that he was basing the interpretation of his character, Sterling, a gay Soap actor on a Soap diva with whom he had worked. True to form, of course, Mr. Watkins would not say precisely who she was. Mr. Watkins was the standout actor in the comedic film.

In the current issue of Soap Opera Weekly, he speaks of the three grandes dames of daytime drama from the two shows on which he has appeared and continues to appear. He has learned something different from each: (1) Erika Slezak: “I learned how to find my light. I learned not to ask too many questions … There’s just not enough time to go into things the way you would like … I learned to economize …” (2) Leslie Charleson: “I learned how to apologize after they said, ‘Cut.’” His character was thoroughly evil. (3) Robin Strasser: “…I learned to be playful and to take chances.”



Watkins is completely mum about his private life in the article and emphasizes that actors should just be actors.

As an actor, Watkins can not be praised enough for rising above what he has been given. Handsome is as handsome does.

Still, one can only wonder where lies the inspiration for Sterling.

Comments

Tuc deserves a lot more recognition. It is easy to see that he is an actor that works at his craft and is 'honest' at it.

Popular posts from this blog

POZ - POZ Army

Sunday Songs: Abbey Lincoln